Monday, November 9, 2009

Symbolism?


All of life is full of symbols. Symbols in literature, symbols in rituals, symbols in punctuation... I often find symbolism in ways that don't exactly make sense except in my own head.

My life right now feels like this picture. No matter how much I try to clean up, the mess is still just as big. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer... or a Mopey Marsha for that matter, I know I am blessed beyond understanding, and I thank God every day for that. But sometimes the feelings are different than the truth, ya know?

What's in the pile? Socks of impatience, a blanket of insecurity, a few scarves of loneliness, some sweaters of anger and frustration, a coat of fear and distrust, all in all, a big ol' pile of sin. I know the answer is Jesus, and I know that I need to just run to him and throw myself at his feet in humble submission, giving up my everything to him daily as a living sacrifice. But too often we try to clean up by ourselves. We don't realize that without him the clothes won't all fit into the drawers and boxes, they will just spill out again. Praise him that he is faithful and merciful, and that our salvation is not based on what we do.

Who can discern his errors? Forgive my hidden faults. Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me. Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgression. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:12-14

Your Grace is Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment