Thursday, September 1, 2011

Budget Shmudget.

I HAVE ONE OF THOSE. A budget, I mean. The problem is there's sometimes enough money and there's sometimes too much and then there are times when there's not as much as there is supposed to be. I'm finding that I may need to hire an accountant. Which is laughable considering how little money I really have to keep track of.

Now, don't get worried. Especially if you are supporting me. All of your money is tracked and accounted for. I just don't have the skills when it comes to calculating and planning and applying budgets. I had this grand plan to take a Financial Peace class this semester. Whenever I got confused about money I just thought to myself, "No problem, in just a couple of weeks, I will be taking a finance class and then I'll know what to do." But then the class got cancelled. Now what will I do?

Well, I've made a plan and it's called a budget. Hopefully it will work as budgets are supposed to. Those dumb dollars are going to submit and go where they are supposed to and not where they shouldn't. Hopefully BiLo will remember that I'm not real loaded and price their food accordingly.

Check out my buggy of sale items (buggy is what you say for 'grocery cart' if you're from the South). I labored long and hard for these items. You remember that budget I made? Well, your looking at the budgeted food for the week right here. Not a very impressive quantity, is it? What do people do when they have kids to feed?! My word.



On to happier things. On Tuesday I got to drive to Cola and see Sweet William! Remember him? Here's a picture of him sipping on a tall mocha frapp. I got a warm drink (of course) that helped me stay alert(ish) on my drive back to Clemson later that night. What fun!





Why would I drive four hours for three hours of hang out, you might ask? Well, Heather and Anna Grace and I frolicked off to Columbia to visit the W's and Anna Grace's daddy. The occasion was Walker's 22nd birthday. Heather surprised him with the gift of her presence, and Sweet William and Anna Grace's daddy got gifts too! It was wonderful. And surprises are so much fun.

Maybe I'll do it again soon. ;)


3 comments:

  1. budgets are hard for this Emily too!!

    Glad you got to go see Sweet Willie!

    How are you two coming along on the Salsa dancing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last line :) (I like it all, but I like the last line the best)

    ReplyDelete