Monday, August 29, 2011

Bloggers Anonymous?

"My name is Emily Kurtz and it's been 22 days since my last post..."

I'm so sorry! I know that all of you, my admiring fans, have been gasping for air with the absence of Emphoto in your life. Fear not! We are back to breathing.

The first (#1) reason I have been absent as of late is because I have recently relocated. Moving, I think they call it. My new location? Clemson, SC. One of my favorite towns in the southeast. We don't have a cool motto lingo phrase for the city. At least not that I know of. But perhaps we could make one up?

Clemson, SC: Where the Tigers play. Maybe that's too cliche. Clemson, SC: Where the Blue Ridge yawns it's greatness. You may have noticed that I am copying the Clemson alma mater. Not very original. Clemson: Famously Orange, Surprisingly Green. Hmmm, we'll keep working on that. One-liners are not my greatest skill. Please feel free to throw out ideas below.

The second (#2) reason I have been absent is because I have recently started a new job! Yep, I get to pursue college students! I get to hang out with internationals! I get to work with incredible men and women of God! I get to share the good news that has changed my life with others! For my job! Not bad if I do say so myself.

What I didn't mention to you is that doing these things that I love requires looooooong hours. So, therefore, no blogging time. I counted up hours logged last week: SIXTY-SEVEN. Wow. Now, a disclaimer is this. Personal ministry and work ministry can blur together in some areas. But still, that's a lot of hours. That's 33 hours less than 100. Now a 100 hour week, that would be a really long one. I'm not gonna do that.

The third (#3) reason for my absence is my second job. Don't worry, the 67 hours included this job. I know you were worried. After-school care at a Walhalla elementary school is a sweet second job. I get to take care of a bunch of cute little buggers every afternoon after school when they're all full of energy from a long day at school! I would post a bunch of pictures of these cute little buggers, (since this is a photo blog you know), but for security shemurity reasons I'm not supposed to. And I sure do respect that rule. But it means you don't get to see how cute they are! I promise they are cute. You're just gonna have to take my word for it.

There are so many more things I could say about this new life I lead. Good things, Great things and GRAND things! But, I won't keep you reading much longer. Instead, I will give you some photographic evidence of this new life! That way you can be sure that I haven't just been hiding out at my parents house in Charleston all this time and actually just avoiding you and hoping you wouldn't figure out that it was all a big fat lie. What if that was really true? Then I wouldn't be so cool after all. And what a disappointment that would be!

Lucky for you, I am still a little bit cool. And here's the pictures to prove it. For your viewing pleasure...



I painted that for my new room!


The coolest leadership team EVER.


My new friend Jin!


Asia meets Atlanta.



Indian lunch with a sweet new friend. Yum.


Meetin the neighbors.


The neighbors!! They liked the chai we made for them! A+

My new Partners in Crime, Heather and Lauren. Learning Hindi with Rosetta.


And that is all folks!



2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued and excited about many things in this post. Intrigued because we both became Facebook friends with Jin at the same time, but you definitely weren't there when I met her (and vice versa); I'm curious to hear your side of the story!

    Also, there's this very useful website (you may have heard of it already) that helps you save money buying groceries: http://www.southernsavers.com/. You may want to check it out if your grocery budget is limited. :)

    And... you're learning Hindi!!? Where did you ladies get the Rosetta Stone set - did you buy it or borrow it from somewhere? I'd love to learn Hindi too! :) (although my schedule is already quite full...)

    Sounds like there's a lot of neat stuff going on in your life lately - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David! I am not learning Hindi, but Lauren and Heather are! They had to buy Rosetta Stone online I believe. Exciting to see you tonight! Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete