Thursday, November 3, 2011

Indian Wannabe?

It's not every day you get to be a member of an Indian-American Bollywood dance crew, performing for a crowd of Indians at Clemson University in celebration of Diwali 2011. It really only happens once in a lifetime. Or maybe twice in a lifetime.

This is a true story. After hours of perfecting and practicing our inspirational dance routine, we performed for a crowd of Clemson Indian students in Tillman Auditorium on a cool October night. The crowd was excited and pleased. Soon after the event, we were asked to perform once more! At the world exhibition on November 13. We were told to form a dance crew. We were asked to choreograph more inspirational routines. Wow!! We're going to be famous!








I had another opportunity to be an Indian a couple weeks later for Halloween. This time, an American Indian. Halloween night was full of funny costumes and silly creative friends. Rednecks, frat boys, CLUE characters, ceiling fans, Mr. Clean, and a secret agent. My roommates and I decided to take it back, all the way back to Thanksgiving times, and make a funny joke at the same time. So we dressed up as American Indians. Cause we love Indians in America! Haha. Do you get it?




Well, we thought it was a funny joke. And that is all that matters.




The Indian sisterhood.



This is my in-character-self-portrait-in-the-back-room-where-no-one-can-see-me shot. You know what I'm sayin?


Soon after this, a major dance party of thirty costumed people in the next room disheveled my costume and hair. But what are dance parties for, if not for disheveling...

Finally, in light of the autumn spirit...


I love Christmas. But, Chickfila, please, let's celebrate fall while we have it, and let Christmas begin when Christmas begins. No need for Christmas trees, music, clothing, presents, decorations, or dreaming. Thanksgiving is almost here! Let's celebrate it.

I recognize this is a sensitive subject and very controversial. So I apologize for stepping on any toes. But this blog post is Indian themed, and not about elves and reindeer.

So, just in case I don't make it back to the blogging world before November 27...
Happy Thanksgiving!
Even those of you who are already celebrating the next holiday.


2 comments:

  1. You make a terrifying indian. I think if I met you in the woods I might...hug you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. UM! WHAT?! You leave me for a few months and join an Indian dance crew?! How epic! very impressed! Is there a video?! I want to see!

    Also hugging in the woods, how forward of that william! :)

    so glad you're still blogging! think of you often friend!!

    ReplyDelete