Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Just a drop in the bucket.

So I know you've been wondering about this mysterious maid career I've been working on every Saturday from dawn till dusk. And now, the mystery is revealed! I have been working for the rich and famous, and that is a truth.

Every Saturday I hop into Big Bertha with Karri (the boss) and Rachael (my really cool maid partner) and we frolick off (as well as a big black suburban can frolick) to Kiawah Island: Land of The Rich and Famous.

This past weekend we had a lovely surprise. Thelma, a great grandmomma and a cleaning machine, joined our giggly, silly team. Thelma meant business. And that's just what she did. We whipped out clean houses like they were Krispey Kreme doughnuts. The last house we worked on is pictured below. It was magical. (I threw that word in there for you, Annemarie).

Here's the kitchen. I made it spic n span. Also, I ate three of the popsicles leftover.
The popsicle sticks had jokes on them.
What is the alphabet's favorite part of the beach?
The C shells!
Good one.
Rachael didn't really want her picture taken. Ms. Thelma didn't really care.

Dining room. Half of it.


Living room. The fluffy rug felt like a shaggy dog. It was just as hard to clean as one too.


The master bedroom complete with a customized ceiling fan.


Half of the master bath. Some people don't seem to like to have much privacy when they shower. Also, having feet on your bath tub seems to be a sign of wealth. Am I wrong?


I haven't named that house. We've only cleaned in it once. And you can't very well name a house that you have no personal connection to. The house below, on the other hand, I have cleaned every week since I started working. This house is a massive 6 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms spread out over 3 floors. That's a whole lot of house. According to bookings.com, this house is 4800 square feet and "set among 30 magnificent towering oak trees." Good to know. I haven't actually seen those 30 oaks, but next time I go there, I'll have to see if they are telling a fib or a truth. Here's a picture of this hound of house.




And here's the house next door. Poor house. It's a perfectly nice house. It just doesn't have a chance sitting next to Eugenia. That's what I named her. She and I have gotten tight. Eddy. That's the house you see below. Eddy is the more practical, home-style house of the two. Eddy is a house I might rent. Or I might just camp out on the beach. That seems most practical.



So here are a few pictures of the inside of Eugenia. She's got a lot to offer. So, if you ever have 16 friends, an itching for a beach vacation, and a spare $12,000 to blow, go for it! Yes, I said $12,000.
$12, 918.98 to be exact. I'll provide the $0.98 if you'll take care of the rest. Sound good?













If you want to see some even better pictures of Eugenia and a more-than-thorough description of her every curve and corner, you should check out: http://bookings.aetrealestate.com/Unit.mvc/Details/50132.
They've got her covered. And you.

So, yep. That's what I clean! Eugenia is my baby. A rather large one. It is strange how you can get attached to a house. But you know, she's the reason I can put gas in my car every week. So I love her. That's legit I'd say.

2 comments:

  1. This post is hilarious!!! Eugenia and Eddy?! bahaha

    And i'll donate 18 dollas so we can stay at Eugenia!

    Now who will provide the 12,900?! We're getting so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $12000? In that bathroom pic I didnt even see any feet on the tub.

    ReplyDelete