Tuesday, July 12, 2011

6 months.

Today, Tuesday the twelfth, marks six months that I have been dating a pretty cool guy. I don't write this to be mushy or annoying. It's just that this day is special to me. Let me explain. It is especially special to me because...

1. Just nine short months ago I was still planning on being contentedly single on July 12th, 2011.
2. This is because I have always been a gung-ho-singleness-till-I-die-you-go-girl kind of person.
3. Because of this, William is the first guy I've ever really dated for real, and I did so very warily at first.
4. Turns out, he is a really awesome man of God, and I actually really really like dating! (this surprised me)

Funny how things change. I'm so thankful for how faithful God is. Not just that He provided me with a really awesome boyfriend (I'm still getting used to that word, by the way). Even though that is really great. And not just that He made this relationship last for the last 6 months. Even though He's the One that did. But most of all, because God is my true Love and will always be. Because He is constant, He is loving, He is gentle, and He is the ultimate Man.

Jesus has grown me so much more in love with Himself over the past 6 months. He's challenged me, sanctified me, pursued me and somehow continues to love me even when I screw up over and over again. Even when I don't love Him back nearly enough. He knows me better than anyone ever will, and I am in love with Him.

So, today is kind of special for me. For a lot of reasons.

"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."
Lamentations 3:22-26

1 comment:

  1. SO i didn't realize you had two new whole posts! But don't worry, I am now an official follower of you so this won't happen again!

    I love this post. I think you and William are presh, and I love hearing about your relationship with Jesus as well! :)

    oh and I love your description of you as a single haha

    ReplyDelete