Monday, July 18, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things...

Considering I have had that song stuck in my head for the past little while, I figured it would make sense to be bloggingly inspired by it. So, here are a few of my recent favorite things. Not necessarily in chronological order. (Cause let's just be honest, I don't actually know how to easily move the pictures around on a blog draft).

#1. Hearing Willie's stories from Africa. This is my very favorite picture. Yes, I made it my computer background. Look at those smiles!


















P.S. He took that picture. ^

Aaaaaand.... telling him about every detail of my last two weeks. You'd think a man would get tired of listening to me ramble on and on! But, no... At least I don't think so... Here's my bulletin board of lists for the past 14 days. If you get passionately enthralled by lists then maybe you'll like this sucker.




#2 God's slow and steady provision of support for Glink. The sooner I raise that $9000, the sooner I can be back in Clemson for the sake of the gospel working with these wonderful people every day! Can you find me?



#3 A trip to the mall with my sister followed by a spontaneous stop-by Claire's to get her ears pierced for the first time. Spontaneous ear piercing = sister bonding.




#4. Video chats with these jokers in India. This one was a full 19 seconds but I think our goal is to double that next time. You know you have a wifi problem when you're talking to someone in India and the video cuts out because of your own turtle internet connection, not theirs.




#5. Krispy Kreme with magical friends on a magical grassy knoll in downtown Charleston. After we got kicked off our grassy knoll by some sketchers, we settled comfortably on a bench under the Spanish moss. Still magical.




#6. Annemarie Verdin and Lauren Poleynard and their visits to Charleston. Enough said.




#7. Giraffes.


Courtesy of National Geographic Photo of the Day


Happy National Ice Cream Day! I am going to go eat a spoonful to CELEBRAR!

P.S. Sorry I missed the periods on #2 and #3. It's only natural that I would make one or two little mishaps. I'm Emily Kurtz!

1 comment: